NFL Mock Draft
1. Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel, OT
Kansas City finally got their franchise quarterback (or so they think) in Alex Smith. They should grab Joeckel to help protect him.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars Ezekiel Ansah, DE/LB
Hopefully this year the Jags find their franchise pass rusher after failing with Derrick Harvey and Tyson Alualu. Ansah could well be their guy.
3. Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT
4. Philadelphia Eagles Eric Fisher, OT
The Eagles could easily go after Geno Smith here to take over for Michael Vick, but their offensive line was just as big as an issue.
5. Detroit Lions Dion Jordan, DE
The Lions need a pass rusher bad, and Jordan is the best available. There shouldn't be much question about this one if he is available.
6. Cleveland Browns Dee Milliner, CB
The secondary continues to be a huge concern for a Browns team trying to find a defensive identity.
7. Arizona Cardinals Chance Warmack, G
Arizona's offensive line is pretty spotty and with Fisher and Joeckel gone they should pick up huge guard Warmack here.
8. Buffalo Bills Geno Smith, QB
The Bills cut Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kevin Kolb shouldn't be much better meaning the Bills need Geno Smith.
9. New York Jets Xavier Rhodes, CB
10. Tennessee Titans Jonathan Cooper, G
Yes I have two guards in the Top 10. The Titans need to continue to improve this weak offensive line.
11. San Diego Charger Jarvis Jones, OLB
The Chargers should pick up Jones, the best player available at this point to fill in for free agent Shaun Phillips.
12. Miami Dolphins Lane Johnson, OT
Without Jake Long the Dolphins should pick up Johnson, who should be the best tackle available here.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaners Tavon Austin, WR
Wide receiver has been a big hole for the Buccaners over the years so they should snatch up the playmaker Tavon Austin.
14. Carolina Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT
The Panthers struggled to stop the run near the end of last year. Richardson, a bulky tackle from Missouri should help fix the issue.
15. New Orleans Saints Barkevious Mingo, DE
Pass rushing has been a huge issue for a weak Saints' defense over the years. Mingo, a player who can play on the line and at linebacker should give them sacks immediately.
16. St. Louis Rams Cordarelle Patterson, WR
Danny Amendola is currently in New England. The Rams should pick up Patterson to fill that spot.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers Star Lolutelei, DT
Star could slide due to his heart condition. If the Steelers pick him up here it could well be the steal of the draft.
18. Dallas Cowboys D.J. Fluker, OT/G
It appears the Cowboys believe in Romo at QB. This means they should draft Fluker to help protect him.
19. New York Giants Bjoern Werner, DE
Werner could go higher but he disappointed at the combine. The Giants won't miss Osi Umenyiora thanks to selecting the Florida State talent.
20. Chicago Bears Alec Ogletree, LB
Brian Urlacher and Nick Roach are both gone meaning the Bears need help at 'backer. Ogletree should fill Urlacher's role if D.J. Williams struggles.
21. Cincinnati Bengals Arthur Brown, LB
With the Bengals likely moving Rey Maualuga to strong side linebacker it could open room in the middle that Brown could fill.
22. St. Louis Rams Kenny Vacarro, S
The Rams secondary has been terrible over the years. They should use this pick on the hard hitting Vacarro if he is still available.
23. Minnesota Vikings Justin Hunter, WR
Even with the team adding Greg Jennings this offseason the wide receiver position should continue to be a big issue. Hunter, a strong, explosive wide out from Tennessee should fill that role.
24. Indianapolis Colts Slyvester Williams, DT
Cory Redding has proven he can be a beast in the middle but he is aging meaning the Colts should use this pick too grab a future tackle.
25. Minnesota Vikings Daton Jones, DE/DT
The Vikings defensive line was a big weakness for the team a year ago, so they should go out and grab Jones, a pass rusher you should play a lot at tackle but can also rush in from the edge.
26. Green Bay Packers Tyler Eifert, TE
The Packers don't really need a tight end as they will have Jermichael Finley returning. But, Finley has been injury prone and inconsistent at times opening the door for Eifert to go here.
27. Houston Texans DeAndre Hopkins, WR
Andre Johnson won't be here in Houston forever so the Texans should invest in a future top wide out. Hopkins, an explosive threat from Clemson could be that guy.
28. Denver Broncos Margus Hunt, DE/DT
The Broncos do not have fantastic pass rusher Elvis Dumervil anymore so Denver should use this pick to gain massive end/tackle Hunt from SMU.
29. New England Patriots Kawann Short, DT
One of the biggest questions for the Patriots over the years has been the defensive tackle position. This year they should pick up Short, a guy with the size to fit in perfectly in New England's system.
30. Atlanta Falcons Desmond Trufant, CB
Atlanta might be the cornerback position away from being the best team in the NFC. They need Trufant, a fantastic coverage guy from Washington with no Dunta Robinson.
31. San Francisco 49ers Matt Elam, S
Donte Whitner was attrocious at times for San Francisco last year and Dashon Goldson is now gone. This means the safety position is the biggets priority for this San Francisco team.
32. Baltimore Ravens Keenan Allen, WR
Anquan Boldin is now a 49er which means the Ravens will need another target for QB Joe Flacco. Allen is speedy and has great hands meaning Baltimore should pounce on him with the last pick of the first round.