College Football Power Rankings
2. Oregon Mariota, Thomas, Marshall and Lyerla. The Ducks' offense is as deadly as ever but their are still some questions on the defensive side of the ball.
3. Clemson The Tigers weren't perfect against NC State but they are still undefeated and Tajh Boyd still appears as the Heisman frontrunner.
4. Ohio State Backup QB Kenny Guiton and the Buckeyes absolutely embarrassed Florida A&M and will get Braxton Miller likely back this week.
5. Stanford For anyone that questioned Stanford: the Cardinal absolutely shut down an explosive Arizona State offense and QB Kevin Hogan improved to 8-0 as a starter.
6. Louisville Teddy Bridgewater and the Cardinals won 72-0... against Florida International. The Cardinals are going to breeze through their schedule before their meeting with Rutgers.
7. LSU The Tigers blew out an undefeated Auburn team but we still don't know how good this team is. The one proven thing is that Zach Mettenberger and the rest of the offense is the best it has been in years.
8. Florida State The 'Noles have one of the nation's most talented teams led by Jameis Winston, Nick O'Leary and the ACC's best defense.
9. Texas A&M Johnny Manziel and the Aggies didn't show any weaknesses against an underrated SMU team and don't overlook Manziel winning a second straight Heisman trophy.
10. Oklahoma State The Big 12 has been all about Texas' struggles this year but Oklahoma State has quietly been one of the nation's most explosive offenses, as usual.
11. Georgia North Texas never really had a shot at upsetting Georgia but it was way too close for a SEC team against the lowly Sun Belt.
12. South Carolina With Florida struggling the SEC East looks a lot less intimidating. If Connor Shaw can continue to develop don't be surprised if the Gamecocks sneak into the SEC Championship game.
13. UCLA The Bruins appear ready to contend even in the rough Pac-12. Brett Hundley is a dark horse Heisman threat and the defense is so underrated headed by dominant linebacker Anthony Barr.
14. Miami The 'Canes were a 60 point favorite against Savannah State and they didn't disappoint as they 77-7.
15. Oklahoma This week is a huge one for Oklahoma. Is Blake Bell ready to go up against the dominant Notre Dame defense and can the Sooners' defense stop Tommy Rees and Amir Carlisle?
16. Northwestern The Wildcats are blowing through opponents and the Legends Division doesn't look very good with Nebraska and Michigan both struggling.
17. Washington Every one wants to talk about Oregon and Stanford in the North but Washington is a real threat. Keith Price and Bishop Sankey make an impressive offense but can their defense hold up?
18. Michigan For the second straight week Michigan needed some help late to hold off an upset. But, they are still 4-0 and the win against Notre Dame is still should help them out in the mind of some pollsters.
19. Baylor The Bears offense has started off this year with three straight games of 70+ points. Needless to say things are clicking on the offensive end for Baylor.
20. Florida The loss of Jeff Driskel for the year is huge. The Gators were already struggling on offense meaning there is even more pressure on their defense.
21. Notre Dame It certainly wasn't pretty but the Fighting Irish beat Michigan State 17-13 to improve to 3-1 as Oklahoma awaits.
22. Ole Miss So far the Rebels offense has been dominant led by Bo Wallace, Jeff Scott and freshman Laquon Treadwell but we will see just how good this team is against 'Bama.
23. Texas Tech The Red Raiders haven't looked that great this year but somehow they have managed a 4-0 start with an impressive win over TCU.
24. Fresno State The Bulldogs are turning into Boise State, they have the remaining schedule to go undefeated.
25. Georgia Tech The Yellow Jackets and their offense has been on fire and they were extremely impressive in the second half of their win over UNC.